How to Obtain Your ACU Licence | North East Motorcycle Racing Club

At the current time the NEMCRC have no facilities to carry out the ACU Basic  Rider  Assessment Course.

We have arranged for any one making enquiries through the NEMCRC intending to take up road racing to attend the Basic Compulsory Training course ( Classroom element )and the Basic Rider Assessment Course ( Track assessment ) at the Darley Moor Race Circuit In Derby Shire . Booking Forms through the Darley Moor Racing Club and details are attached to this Bulletin

Course dates for 2015 at Darley Moor

Monday  2nd March , Friday  27th March , Friday 29th May , Friday 7th July ,

Friday 21st August  and Monday 26th October 2015


Darley Moor MCRRC Ltd , Anvil House ,Derby Road ,Old Tupton

Chesterfield – S42 6LA Tel 01246 866537.

Or go to to book on line

For further information contact Debbie Walmsley at the National Govering Body for motorcycle sport the Auto Cycle Union (ACU ) training department 01788 566419  E mail  <

ACU Training Course for Road Race Licence Applicants

As part of the ACU’s ongoing policy of rider development and education, and in line with requirements as laid down in the 2015 ACU Handbook, all first time applicants for Road Race Licences must undergo a classroom training course and a basic riding ability test.

The purpose of the classroom course is to ensure that you understand the basic safety and organisational requirements to participate in road racing. Before any new licence can be issued, you must satisfactorily attend the course and pass the multiple-choice test. If you have any worries that you may find the end of course test difficult to complete, please call Darley Moor Race Club on 01246 866537.

In addition to this course all applicants for a Road Race Licence must undergo a Basic Rider Assessment Course to show you have the ability to ride a motorcycle.

To take part in this course you must have the use of a motorcycle, but not necessarily a racing

motorcycle, and a full set of protective clothing. You can ride any motorcycle for the Basic Riding Ability Test it does not have to be a Racing Motorcycle. The motorcycle should not have any race numbers showing during the test.

via How to Obtain Your ACU Licence | North East Motorcycle Racing Club.