Enter a Race
- Obtain the supplementary regulations from the clubs race secretary. These give specific instructions relating to that meeting and in particular the entrance fee.
- Fill in the entry form and return them with your fee to the organising race secretary.
- Do not forget to enclose a stamped addressed envelope with your entry
- Get your entries in on time .Two weeks before the race day is the normal closing date for entries.
- You should receive back confirmation and final instructions for the meeting in plenty of time.
Getting to Your First Road Race
- You need transport. If you enter a two-day meeting you also need accommodation for you and your “ team “. Vans are the most common forms of transport. If you can afford it or borrow one, also a caravan would be an attractive proposition. There are also some large enclosed trailers on the market which offer a cheaper and just as effective form of transport for machine and equipment they can also double as lodgings. If the wife or girl friend is agreeable.
- It can be a bit noisy in the paddock after racing but you get to know people officials and other competitors much more quickly which all adds to the race experience.